We welcome anyone with an interest in arts, community work, collaborative projects and helping people in any way.
We are recruiting for a volunteer with a background in finance to join our Board of Trustees.
Cartwheel Arts is one of the leading participatory arts companies in the North West. The charity has an impressive track record in devising and delivering vivid, highly acclaimed and successful projects which bring communities together, break down barriers, and build capacity, promoting a sense of ownership and pride.
We call this Art for a Reason.
Whilst we are not recruiting for a Treasurer, we are looking for someone with previous finance management experience to join the Finance Sub-Committee. Whether you are an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Trustee who has:
• Experience or knowledge of accounting or book-keeping
• Good numeracy skills
• The ability to interpret and present information clearly
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort over a minimum commitment of 3 years
• Previous experience of the third / culture sector would be ideal
As a Trustee, you will have:
- Induction, training and reimbursable expenses
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- Influence to shape innovative projects
- The chance to improve health and wellbeing of people and communities
The expected time commitment is 5 Board meetings per year, (currently held via Zoom but usually held in Heywood, Greater Manchester) from 6-8pm, one full strategic planning day, attendance at Finance Sub Committee meetings and some ad-hoc committee work.
One of our previous Trustees and former Treasurer, currently Executive Director at Walk the Plank, Charlie Morrison says:
‘Cartwheel Arts is an ambitious company with an incredibly dedicated team and board of trustees. It has been a real pleasure to play a part in supporting them - Cartwheel's projects make a huge difference to the people they work with’
Deadline for applications: Fri 30th July 2021
For an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat, please contact our Director, Rick Walker on 07854 998657
Please email email@example.com with your completed application form.