We are recruiting for a volunteer to join our Board of Trustees!
At Cartwheel Arts our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts diverse candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Cartwheel Arts is one of the leading participatory arts companies in the North West. The charity has an impressive track record in devising and delivering vivid, highly acclaimed and successful projects which bring communities together, break down barriers, and build capacity, promoting a sense of ownership and pride.
We call this Art for a Reason.
Although we work across GM, we deliver most of our work in the diverse borough of Rochdale. The South Asian community is not currently represented on our board of Trustees.
Whether you’re an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we want to hear from you! We welcome applications from people who have never served as a Trustee before, as we can offer additional support and mentoring.
We are looking for Trustees:
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic individuals who are currently underrepresented on our Board of Trustees and who are able to support our work in reaching and developing work and partnerships with BAME communities in the borough.
We are seeking Trustees with:
- An enthusiasm for Cartwheel’s work and a commitment to carry out the duties of a Trustee.
- A commitment to equality, anti-discrimination, and Cartwheel’s core values.
- A link to local BAME communities within the borough
- The ability to work as assertive and tolerant team members, challenging, accepting, and supporting majority decisions.
- The ability and willingness to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Preparedness to support the work of Cartwheel’s staff team.
- The willingness to devote the necessary time and effort over a minimum commitment of 3 years
We are looking for Trustees with skills in certain areas:
- Previous experience of the voluntary or culture sectors would be ideal
As a Trustee, you will have:
- Induction, training and reimbursable expenses
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- Influence to shape innovative projects
- The chance to improve health and wellbeing of people and communities
The expected time commitment is five Trustee meetings per year, usually held in Heywood, Greater Manchester from 6-8pm, one full strategy day and Trustees are expected to spend a reasonable amount of time on Trustee activities, which includes committee meetings and some work outside Board meetings.
“Cartwheel Arts is a great place to volunteer as a Trustee. It is a small organisation but with big creative ideas and amazing outcomes.
The staff are dedicated individuals with a passion for community cohesion, supporting individuals/groups to reach their full potential.
The work as a Trustee at Cartwheel Arts for me has been inspirational and rewarding.
The people who have been board members over the years have brought individuality, skills, knowledge and committed their time generously
We are a team, we are a force for good, we are committed, influential and we work together to change people’s life chances.“
Alyson Malach, Chair of Cartwheel Arts and Managing Director of Equality and Diversity UK Ltd
We welcome anyone with an interest in arts, community work, collaborative projects and helping people in any way.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed application form.