We are recruiting for a practising artist to join our Board of Trustees.
Cartwheel Arts is one of the leading participatory arts companies in the North West. The charity has an impressive track record in devising and delivering vivid, highly acclaimed and successful projects which bring communities together, break down barriers, and build capacity, promoting a sense of ownership and pride.
We call this Art for a Reason.
Whether you’re an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we want to hear from you! We welcome applications from people who have never served as a Trustee before, as we can offer additional support and mentoring.
We are looking for a Trustee who:
• Is a practising artist in any artform or an experienced arts manager
• Has good numeracy skills
• Has the ability to interpret and present information clearly
• Has the willingness to devote the necessary time and effort over a minimum commitment of 3 years
• Previous experience of the third / culture sector would be ideal
As a Trustee, you will have:
- Induction, training and reimbursable expenses
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- Influence to shape innovative projects
- The chance to improve health and wellbeing of people and communities
The expected time commitment is five Trustee meetings per year, held in Heywood, Greater Manchester from 6-8pm, one full strategy day and some ad-hoc committee work.
One of our previous Trustees, Charlie Morrison says:
‘Cartwheel Arts is an ambitious company with an incredibly dedicated team and board of trustees. It has been a real pleasure to play a part in supporting them - Cartwheel's projects make a huge difference to the people they work with.’
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 11th March 2020, 5pm